Is your basement all watery? Can you spot the black and green ugly spots of mould in this place wherever you glance? Then there is obviously major water leakage happening somewhere. But where -- are you aware? If not, then you should inspect some areas to know the source of this problem. And when you do, it’s necessary to prevent water leakages.
The major areas that require waterproofing urgently in order to prevent mould formation!
When you spot water leakage in the basement, the source or sources of the water could be anywhere (exterior or interior). Remember to check the places that could be the probable culprits and prevent the issue as rapidly as you can so that your basement becomes spick and span and strong once again.
- Take a look at the gutters — If your basement is really all flooded with water, check your gutters first. Maybe you haven’t serviced them for ages. Call the experts in gutter cleaning and get rid of all the debris and dirt in it and make way for the water to pass through the gutters swiftly.
- Downpipes and drains — If the drains and your pipes are having a severe leakage, then you will obviously see the effects of these in your basement. There would always be some dampness and moisture -- and this often leads to mould formation in your basement. Hire a licensed and reliable plumber to check your drains and downpipes thoroughly. If the issue is anywhere in there, then this is the time to go for repairing it immediately.
- Roof leakages — Sometimes roof leakages are the culprits for the trouble in your basement. If you find that there is a shingle (or a few of them) missing or it is dilapidated, then you have to go for repair or an entire roof replacement (depending on the magnitude of damage). If not, then you can always opt for waterproofing in Auckland via Best Skills. Their expert team ensures to waterproof all the important areas of the house preventing any kind of water leakage.
- Upgrade your foundation — Ideally, if the foundation of the house is sturdy, it should be a sufficient medium to hold the water from entering your basement and creating the ruckus. But if there’s water inside your basement, then something isn’t right in your house’s foundation. Ensure to check the entire place thoroughly and mend all the damaged areas of your home’s foundation.
- Interior flooding — Interior flooding is one of the issues that may bring a lot of water issues in your basement. If you have a washing machine that leaks often or the drain is overflowing a lot and even the kitchen sink is giving up, then it's time to call a plumber immediately. Because eventually not only the basement, but even the entire house would be full of mould and damp because of this moisture.
Now that you have got a precise idea of what is causing all those mould formations and moisture issues in your basement, you don't need to delay the matter anymore. Contact the relevant services immediately and deal with the issue as soon as you can.