Not all events and parties are pre-planned. Some of them are decided upon the spur of the moment. So, if you have a party in the next 24 hours and you are super stressed about how everything would go, then this post is specially curated for you. We understand the panic that you feel right now. But the very first thing that we would suggest you do is to relax and read the entire post carefully. Only then will you be able to host a successful party in the quickest way and without any blunders.
Top tips to host a successful party in the least time!
Since we are very short on the notice period, we don't have much time to properly write up a plan for everything. But yes, you can take 15 minutes or half an hour from your tight schedule and at least prepare a list of the important items that you will require for the party. For the rest of the tips, please read on.
- Go for the ready venue available—If you can get hold of a nice venue that requires minimum decoration, then it's great. Otherwise, we wouldn't suggest you waste your time calling all the banquet halls and hotels to prepare a venue for you. (They are mostly scheduled weeks in advance.) What you can do is, if you have a backyard, just clean up your garden and yard and hire readily available decoration items. If the rental company is good enough, they'd install everything within just a few hours to make your house party-ready.
- Send digital invites — You've got WhatsApp and other social media applications? Well, great! This is what we need to send the invitations for the party. Of course, you don't have all the time in the world to call all your guests individually. Just sending across a broadcast message on WhatsApp is enough as a formal invitation for the event.
- Contact the restaurants or reliable caterers — Since you are planning everything on short notice, you don't have the time to taste the food you shall serve at the event. So, you can book the food from restaurants that serve buffet meals to the guests regularly. They have a wide assortment of menu that would cater to every taste. Or if you have already tried and tested some caterers, you can book them for the meals.
- Hire the crockery and cutlery as well — If you are hosting the party in a hotel, obviously they will look after the crockery and cutlery issue. But if you are managing everything at your own place, you need not take out your precious dinner sets and wash them for the party. You can easily hire them from Absolute Party Hire. Party supplies in Tauranga from them are of top-notch quality and extremely presentable. They provide you clean dinnerware for the party and even deliver everything within very short notice at the party. In fact, they could be your go-to people for a party in a jiffy. From marquee to tables and chairs, from balloons to lighting, from audio visual systems to linens – they have them all covered and more.
- Manage easy entertainment— You have a fat chance of getting a DJ or a performer for your party. (Not to forget the bombshell they’ll charge you because of the end-moment booking.) What you can do instead is go for an easy entertaining option. Like, you can just put up a nice music system and keep an open area for the guests to dance during the party. Or organize a ready-to-use photo booth from a good company at the corner of the venue. In both cases, you’ll provide enough entertainment for your guests to enjoy.
So, you accomplish the almost impossible task of organizing a party within just a day! Now all you have to do is take a deep breath, dress up, and get ready to enjoy the party!